We are all in the middle of a global epidemic which is making us all anxious, but most of us are working how home and have enough time to take care of ourselves, which we otherwise neglect due to our busy schedules. We can make the best use of quarantine at home by learning new skills online like painting, singing, playing guitar, dancing, gardening, cooking.
By taking care of ourselves means taking care of our hair which otherwise gets harsh due to sunlight, pollutants, chemicals, etc. Here, sharing some useful tips to get long and strong hair by remedies told by our old grandmother and modern science.
Since ancient times, ahead with shiny, long which hair can boost one’s self-esteem. It is one of the most desired beauty traits for both men and women.
Useful Tips to Get Long and Strong Hair
We are born with the total amount of hair follicles we will ever have over our lifetime. Our head has about 10million follicles, but as we age and due to some other conditions like weather, medical, hormonal, chemical, physical, some follicles stop producing hair, that is how baldness or hair thinning occurs, it is the hair follicle which determines the type, quality, length of hair whether one will have curly, straight or wavy hair. How fast and slow your hair grows will be affected by:
- Specific hair type
- Heredity (gene linked)
- Overall health
- Dietary intake.
- Hormonal level imbalances
- Other healthy conditions (medical ones)
- Environment stress like exposure to sunlight pollutants or renditions
- Smoking and drinking
- Increased mental stress level
- Not taking proper care of hair
- Exposure to heat like straighteners, dryers, curlers or tanglers for different hairstyle
- Exposure of chemicals like for coloring different chemicals against.
Hair is made up of tough structure protein called keratin and each stand consists of two parts:
It emerges out of scarp and visible to eyes it makes length to hair
The Root :
invisible root which is embedded inside scarp from where its Stractches down to the deeper layer of skin is called the root from here the growth of shaft starts.
Hair Follicle is a structure by which root is enclosed with a thin covering of connective tissue and skin. Hair follicle is attached to sebaceous glands underneath the scarp surface which produces sebum (secretion) which keeps the scalp moisturized. Hair grows 0.3 to 0.4 mm longer every day, by half an inch monthly too.
Every Scalp Needs
Hair fall is a part of the normal hair growth cycle and can’t be avoided. Average scarp has 90-95℅ hair in an active growth phase which means daily 5-10% means 100-150 hair strands fall out of the head. Haircare must be included in our daily life but care routine should be customized according to one’s hair type. For every building, the base should be strong, and so it is in case of hair. A healthy scalp (base) will sprout strong shine, long strands of hair.
- Overall well being of scalp
Nourishment – Dierty Intake
- Vitamin B complex mainly B7 Biotin has a role in hair growth include mushrooms, walnuts, peanuts, almonds, avocados, cheese in your diet to see the visible result.
- Vitamin C which includes citrus fruits like tomatoes, oranges, lemon, Indian gooseberries.
- Vitamin D which is mainly found in natural morning sunlight without UV rays and broccoli, kale, carrots, spinach, cashews, block peas, yogurt.
- Vitamin E & Zinc which reduces oxidative stress that causes untimely greying of hair and thinning.
Includes massaging of the scalp with some essential oils that can be mixed in carrier oil or shampoo.
- Jojoba oil
- Tea tree oil mixed in Coconut, sunflower, mineral, and castor (carrier) oils.
Massaging should be done with a gentle hand to increase blood circulation to the scalp, hence promotes the hair growth by dilating blood vessels of the scalp. It should be done not more than 20-30 minutes session. Then retain the oil in hair for the next 2-3 hours and then rinse it off well with shampoo.
Do’s and Don’t with your Mane
- Use shampoo with essential oils mixed in it and diluted with water to clear all the dirt, dust, dandruff which settles on the scalp. The shampoo helps to unclog the pores on the scalp hence allows hair to grow better. Avoid shampooing your hair daily.
- Always use cold (Natural Room Temperature) water to wash hair even in winters too. Steamy hot water destroys the natural luster of hair by heat and hence affects the keratin strand.
- Apply conditioner after every shampoo wash which makes hair soft and untangles it, hence results in less breakage of hair.
- Never comb wet hair.
- Always start brushing up hair from ends and gradually come up. Opt for a wide-toothed comb.
- Get frequent trimming of split ends to ensure the fast growth of hair.
- Avoid high rise buns of hair and tie it too tightly to reduce the chance of cease blood circulation to the scalp.
- Always pat dry your hair with a towel. Treat them gently and nicely.